Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bored...My life on Duty


                                    
 
I've realized that the times I am on the computer the most is when I'm at work!  I know that sounds bad, but it's usually because I have 24 hour duty regularly.  I volunteer to stay at work to ensure the safety of  our future soldiers and be here for any situation that may arise.  Sounded good huh!  Actually I am forced to stay here "just in case." And, most of the time, nothing ever happens.  So, needless to say, I sit on Facebook, Youtube, and random websites that hold my interest until the night has expired and they release me to go on my way the following day!!!
While on this boring duty we call CQ (Charge of Quarters) I've become increasingly amused with funny news, dumb criminals, and comical newspaper headlines.  I've browsed a plethora of websites containing these and it never fails to amaze me at how obtuse people seem to be at times.
I have decided to post a few of these that have made me laugh, sometimes outloud, to myself!  I am also trying to figure this blogging thing out and I figure I gotta write blogs to learn to write blogs!!
                                     
                                     Dumb Criminals

 
§  This smells odd-When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find an ill man curled up next to a motor home trying to steal gasoline and plugged his hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
§   Check it out-Drug-possession defendant Christopher Johns, on trial in March in Pontiac, Michigan, said he had been searched without a warrant. The prosecutor said the officer didn't need a warrant because a "bulge" in Christopher's jacket could have been a gun. Nonsense, said Christopher,
who happened to be wearing the same jacket that day in court. He handed it over so the judge could see it. The judge discovered a packet of cocaine in the pocket and laughed so hard he required a five-minute recess to compose himself.
§  Change Please- A man walked into a 7-11, put a $20 bill on the counter and asked for change.  When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled--leaving the $20 bill on the counter.  The total amount of cash he got from the drawer? Fifteen dollars. 
                                   
                       Newspaper Headlines

§  Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
§  Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
§  Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case

       
I could sit here and post all of these stories and headlines or you could just check them out using google....That's how I roll!!  There is so many random things on the internet these days that I'm sure you can find something to make you LOL!! 

 I am certain that laughing is therapeutic and will lighten the mood for anybody, regardless of the circumstances.  You have to just take the time to laugh, if not you'll live a mind numbing, unexciting, repetitive life!

Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, so waste your time and have the time of your life !

1 comment: